Friday, March 15, 2019

L O V E // REPRESENTATION

The topic of abuse and mental health awareness is extremely important to me as so many people around and including me have dealt with either one, or even both topics I hope to portray. Abuse within couples is very often missed by others, not necessarily because the others around you "don't care enough to look", many just don't think to, which is seemingly pretty fair as nobody should expect someone they care about to get abused.
Abuse within the LGBT+ community is either extremely shunned or exaggerated depending on the context and who you're talking to (in regarding their own views and opinions).
I didn't explicitly plan Charlie and Drew to be portrayed as a lesbian couple, but I knew most likely it was going to turn out as such, mainly because most of my friends who act well are femme.
Drew and Charlie are going to represent a more "realistic" version of being a queer person, as no commonly used stereotypes of gay people, and specifically in this case lesbians, in the negative connotation of being "butch" or "flamboyant" will be added.
My goal is to simply spread awareness of abuse and how it can affect anyone and the repercussions of said abuse on a persons mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

HELLO, ALL THIS IS THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE! CCR