Wednesday, April 1, 2020

First very rough draft

Charlie: Older sibling 
Marco: Younger sibling 
(Young Marco and Older Marco is made distinct for the actors as they will have different voices)

TITLE:
MUG LIFE
PIECING IT TOGETHER
GROWING PAINS (we are leaning more towards this one)


SCENE 1 :
Put tape over the box and carry it out of the room and downstairs and put on a stack of other boxes (FIRST COUPLE OF SHOTS) 

Charlie
There’s more boxes for you in front of the door!

Older Marco
Got it!

Walks around the house into the kitchen already filled with boxes 
Places box down with “Marcos college stuff” facing front 
Charlie opens up cabinet to an array of mugs and starts placing mugs into the “Marcos college stuff” box
Charlie then grabs a broken mug 
Graphic match of charlie's hand position to when the mug was originally given to Marco

Charlie 
A lil something for the birthday boy!

Yung Marco
Awkwardly 
Awe thanks...what is it?

Charlie
Mockingly 
Do you not have eyes? It's a mug dummie.

Yung Marco
Laughs along 
I mean I know it's a mug but… why?

Charlie
Cause spiderman is the best superhero? I thought you liked spiderman 

Yung Marco
I do, I guess, but not enough to drink out of him. I like Iron man better

Charlie
Well if you don't want it … I guess I can take it...

Yung Marco
Trying to be like Charlie
No, no, I want it, spidermans my favorite too.

Charlie
Ouch, poor Iron Man. Okay lemme take it off your hands for now.

Marco hands the mug back over to Charlie to put away into the cupboard 
Scene two
Night time-lighting change 
Graphic match of opening cupboard back up
Charlie fixes themselves a cup of liquor in the mug they gave Marco after a long shift at work
Shots of Charlie drinking then re-filling cup
Charlie’s head is down while they clumsily hold the bottle 
Over the shoulder shot of Charlie to see Marco sleepily walking into frame 

Yung Marco
Not fully awake 
What are you doing?

Charlie
Very drunk
What are YOU doing?

Yung Marco
I thought we were getting robbed, i kept hearing banging 

Charlie
Drunkenly laughing 
Never get a job in security then I guess

Yung Marco
Why are you like this?

Charlie
I'm a big boy, and this is my big boy juice. You see, when big kids get stressed we drink this and all our problems go away.

Yung Marco
But aren't I a big boy too?
Long pause
Charlie
Not enough. Go to bed, Marco.

THE NEXT DAY
Marco gets home from school and walks past the fridge to see a note left behind from Charlie
“Hey kid! I picked up an extra shift at work so i'll be home later today. There's mac and cheese in the cupboard for you to make. Love you, see you later
Ps: don't do anything I wouldn't do”
LATER THAT DAY 
Marco goes to look for the food his brother left him, and makes it. Later he looks for a juice box and cannot find it but he ends up finding Charlie's alcohol and takes it. Marco tries reaching for the cupboard to get a mug, but he can’t reach so he drags a chair over to get it. Marco tries to grab the spiderman mug and succeeds but charlie busts in as they've now come home from their shift  leaving Marco to drop the mug as they stare at each other.

Yung Marco
Pleading
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry …

Charlie
What the HELL were you thinking?

Yung Marco
Tripping over his wordz
I just wanted to be a big kid like you

Charlie stands in shock and sil e n c e
Cut to Two shot of them but they are sitting far away from each other and not facing each other
Charlie
At first sounding angry
Why would you ever want to be a big kid… 
Tonal shift to more sincere and jokingly 
that means you’ll do taxes and..other stuff

Yung Marco
What are taxes? Is that like math?

Charlie
Worse. You never answered my question

Yung Marco
I just wanted to act like a big kid so I could be like you. I want to do everything you do.

Charlie
Well...
Scoots closer to him
You’re not me. And I’m not you. Being a grown-up isn’t always fun. Sometimes I wish I could be more like you. 

Yung Marco
Well, being a kid is hard too. The times' table quizzes at school are too hard because they only give us like 30 seconds to do it and there are like a million questions.

Charlie
Hm, yeah I bet. I couldn’t do those either. But, it does get easier. There's always going to be new things that are hard but that's just what you have to go through to become a big kid. So, you think you can do that?

Yung Marco
I think so

Charlie
Okay good, now let's clean up this mess like real big kids

They pick up the pieces to the mug and glue it back together


We still have to write the final scene but here's its path for now! I'm actually pretty okay with how it's turning out now that we have everything sorted, plus this time we were able to figure out character names and possible title names unlike before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

HELLO, ALL THIS IS THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE! CCR