Saturday, February 22, 2020

Story Time!

For this year's portfolio project my partner Yejin and I decided on taking on the short film option! To be honest I was leaning more towards the Documentary because of my own personal bias and love of learning people's stories, although I also think it's good to step out of my comfort zone and explore what I'm capable of.
The story we're planning to use came from an old google doc of film ideas I created sometime last year after the film opening project was concluded.

Heres a summary of what that doc said and my current interpretation
Me Then: OMG, I HAVE AN IDEA! ITS GOING TO FEATURE A CHILD AND AN OLDER SIBLING!
Me Now: Wait where are we going to get a child?
Me Then: WE CAN FILM IN AN RUN DOWN APARTMENT!
Me Now: Where are we going to find that kind of living situation, in high to middle-class Weston
Me Then: WYNWOOD WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE OPENING SCENE!
Me Now: I have no car, neither does Yejin and knowing our parents that's gonna be a no
Me Then: DEAD MOTHER
Me Now: Okay that we can work with

Okay now that you've been in my head here are some of the ACTUAL plot ideas that still need a lot of logistical tweaking

The film is going to feature two siblings, one old enough to be mature in taking care of someone sufficiently but not a technical adult yet, and their younger sibling HOPEFULLY between the ages of 6 and 12.
They have no parental figure-as both are gone within their life, the mother is dead and the dad isn't in the picture.
They are insufficient in funds as the child is too young to work and the older sibling does what they can to scrape on by, due to this the child has learned to steal in order to survive socially (because kids are MEAN). This learned process of stealing causes the main conflict within the plot... should I tell you the dilemma or should I have you anxiously wait... hmmmmmmm... we'll see.
Come on by next week to see the ENTIRE plot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

HELLO, ALL THIS IS THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE! CCR