Monday, January 13, 2020

Guess Who's Back, Back Again!

Bonjour,(or 'hello' for all you Englishmen) media connoisseurs and those who are required to view this page and post for my own benefit of receiving a score.
First I would like to mention how I MADE IT!
I'm in love with creating and writing films and I'm going to University to continue doing so, in that I'm very proud of myself for getting through the exam with the backing of all the sleepless nights and anxiety paired along(I'm not a great test taker and I'm known to procrastinate so that didn't help). 

Anyways...Welcome back! 
This blog will be recording my experiences and breakdowns in completing the AICE Media course A level(omg no more "s" this is very exciting!.

Up to now my blog previously contained all my updates for the short film I created entitled: "Severance"
The confusing and convoluted story of an abusive queer relationship in which the main character viewed her abusive partner as a monster which worked out a lot better on paper than it did through my interpretation.

This project, though I poured my entire being into it, wasn't enough sadly because I didn't allocate enough time to complete it to the level in which I wanted. It challenged everything I thought I understood about film, forcing me to often think on the spot of quick fixes to issues like actors not being able to film and consistency over filming through multiple days. 

I feel like being in my room, isolating myself by watching movies all summer was the proper preparation in studying what makes a good film and my particular style when it comes to films I like and in which I want to produce. Some may have called that an issue with my mental health, but it was for educational purposes I swear.

Last year in AS my experience has already differed so greatly in what I've created and the quality of such. The types of assignments we've done thus far have been the most enjoyable things to produce such as a documentary I created on the experience of transgender individuals within school and making and a marketing campaign for a startup animal rescue. All the skills I've acquired have improved such as the basics of filmmaking, and my visual analysis essays have probably encountered the most improvement thus far.

I'm ecstatic be able to share my big brain with those reading! have fun on my adventure because I know it'll be one heck of a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

HELLO, ALL THIS IS THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE! CCR